Post Your Topic
Illegal Construction Has Closed My Apartments Window And AC Category: Legal
Kuwaitlocal Kuwaitlocal

I am living in Hawally, on the ground floor of a certain building. Due to illegal construction my home windows and A/C have become totally closed now. I have a window A/C, which due to the illegal construction is not working properly. I kindly request you to please let me know as to who I should contact to solve my big problem.

Name withheld 
Answer: Please remember that no landlord can make any extension to any building without the approval of Kuwait Municipality, which takes into consideration the fact that the rights of current building tenants are not compromised. All such construction has also to be done according to a certain plan approved by Kuwait Municipality.

If the construction is illegal the landlord can face severe legal action. So, just report the matter to the Kuwait Municipality office in your area and it should take immediate action. If the Municipality for “some reason” — for which it has been criticized severely over the recent years — fails to take any action, just file a case against the landlord at the rents court.

In such a case, don’t pay the landlord the rent but make sure to deposit it with the rents court in your area by the 20th of each month. This will not only put pressure on the landlord but also force him to stop the illegal construction. If other building tenants can join you in initiating against the landlord, then your case become all the stronger.

Source - Arab Times

Note - All the answers were provided by Arab Times Legal Clinic.

Report 0 03 Jun, 2016, 02:28 PM
0 2693
03 Jun, 2016, 02:28 PM
Related Topics
Civil ID Numbers
Posted by : Kuwaitlocal
14365 0
23 Apr, 2016, 04:33 PM
Medical unfit
Posted by : Kuwaitlocal
12500 0
14 Jun, 2016, 06:40 PM
Posted by : Dhileeshiyaa
8687 1
10 Jan, 2017, 12:24 PM
Factory Visa Transfer
Posted by : Kuwaitlocal
8372 0
01 Jun, 2016, 02:35 PM
Family Visa
Posted by : Kuwaitlocal
8029 0
28 Jun, 2016, 04:22 PM
Residence for new born - Docum...
Posted by : Kuwaitlocal
7860 0
17 Jun, 2016, 12:05 PM
3 years want a release but the...
Posted by : Reygie
7365 0
26 Jul, 2017, 09:57 AM
Absconding case - Surrender yo...
Posted by : Kuwaitlocal
7138 0
14 Apr, 2016, 01:29 PM
Calculation of annual Leave Sa...
Posted by : Kuwaitlocal
6580 0
11 May, 2016, 03:45 PM
Driving License renewal Accoun...
Posted by : Kuwaitlocal
6352 0
07 May, 2016, 01:43 PM
@ All Rights Reserved
@ All Rights Reserved