The Ministry of Interior started disbursing the “Smart Driving License” to all motorists, (Kuwaitis and expats) from jan 17th
The traffic departments in all governorates will receive expats and Bedouns for replacing driving licenses with smart chip that allow them to drive vehicles in any country in the world, reports Al Rai. The new licenses have security specifications and are the latest in the world to create fraud is impossible with it. It contains a smart chip in which data of its owner is stored.
The fees are the same and there is no increase in them, earlier the smart driver’s license was restricted only to GCC countries. The traffic department have added a solution towards problems faced by Kuwaitis and expats to drive abroad using the same license.
With Smart Driving License you can Drive Anywhere in the world
Who and How We Can Get It
- The General Department of Traffic Started The Third Phase of Samrt Driving Licenses Issuing for Expats from Jan 17th
- Smart Driving Licenses can be collected in all Traffic Departments in Governorates and Kiosks in Malls
- The Driving Licenses that have been renewed online before Jan 15th 2021 can only be collected from Traffic Departments in Governorates
- The Driving Licenses that have been renewed on Jan 15th 2021 or after that can be collected from Traffic Departments in Governorates and Kiosks in Shopping Malls
- If you license still have validity - there is no process announced till now how to replace with smart driving license
- You can replace driving license with Smart Driving License , if your license Renewed, Damaged or Lost