- Kuwait And Pakistan Mark 60 Years Of Ties With A Postage Stamp
- National Assembly Elections Are Likely On April 13th
- Flag Posts Installed On Vehicle Is A Violation
- Follow The Guidelines: Spraying Foam, Water, Crime Punishable By...
- Former Minister Looting Public Funds, Court Hearing On April 23
- MPW Initiated A Bid Process To Combat Sand Theft
- Education Minister Acts To Curb Nepotism And Favoritism
- Court Refuses Kuwaiti Father Custody Of His Children
- Population In Kuwait Reached 4.859mn
- A Dead Satellite Weighing Over 2,000kg Will Crash Back Into Eart...
- Kuwait Cabinet Weekly Session Covers National Celebrations, Amir...
- Two People Were Apprehended For Selling Fire Crackers
Tenders For Seven Major Road Projects To Face Axed
According to sources within the Ministry of Public Works, the ministry is in the process of requesting cancellation of seven tenders for major road projects owned by the Public Authority for Roads and Land Transport. Based on the study of the companies qualified to implement these projects, it was found that there were deficiencies in the qualification procedures, and the Council of Ministers was advised to amend these procedures.
Al-Rai daily reports, "The ministry had previously asked the Central Agency for Public Tenders to cancel the tenders, but the agency refused to do so," according to the sources.
According to sources, the Roads Authority Board of Directors had previously recommended the cancellation of these tenders be completed as quickly as possible, in order to prepare for re-offering, in accordance with the Cabinet's decision about calculating the basis and standards of estimated costs, in accordance with the Central Agency's circular, and proposing projects according to priorities.
It should be done in accordance with the government's directives to rationalize spending, simplify project components, and ensure proper management of directing expenditures and implementing projects, in accordance with the government's work program and the requirements of development lines, as well as the implementation of housing projects throughout the country.
Sources reported that preliminary studies of the road budget during the next five years resulted in savings of one billion dinars for the state.
The sources indicated that there is a tendency to cancel the draft budget for road projects in the Public Authority for Roads and Land Transport for the fiscal year 2023-2024 and to return those projects to the Ministry of Works.
She explained that «this approach is expected to be discussed by the Ministry of Finance with representatives of the Roads Authority during the next week, coinciding with the talk about the abolition of the Roads.
Get The Latest and important news on our Telegram Channel click here to join
Ramadan Work Hours Reduced To Four
15 February 2024
Kuwait Announces New Visa Durations: 1 Month For F...
07 February 2024
How An Expat Secure Your Money Before Exiting Kuwa...
20 February 2024
Amid High Anticipation, Kuwait Resumes Visit Visa...
10 February 2024
Weather Alerts For Gulf Countries
10 February 2024
Expatriates Appeal For 3 Months Duration For A Vis...
08 February 2024
If Passengers Arrive On Any Other Airline, They Wi...
13 February 2024
Eid Al-Fitr Holidays For 6 Days
19 February 2024
19,168 Kuwaiti Citizens Benefit From KD 666m Loans
17 February 2024
Essential Guidelines For Expats: Booking Visit Vis...
08 February 2024