Sponsoring Parents On Family Residence
Category: Legal
Immigrate to Canada or Australia
Study In Abroad

I am residing in Kuwait with my father. My father has also been working here for the past 22 years. He is 71 years old and my mother passed away 3 years ago. He is on an Article 18 residence but his iqama will expire next month, as the sponsor is not willing to renew his residence.

I can’t keep him alone in India at this age. I want to know if I can transfer my father’s residence to my sponsorship. I have a KD 500 salary and my own flat. So please guide me.

Name withheld

Answer: Unfortunately for you, expatriates are currently not allowed to sponsor their parents. This decision was taken just over two years ago and so far it has not been changed.


07 Mar, 2017 968
Posted Comments
@ www.kuwaitlocal.com All Rights Reserved
@ www.kuwaitlocal.com All Rights Reserved