Renewing Membership Of Kuwait Society Of Engineers
Category: Kuwait Society of Engineers

Please be informed that I did my engineering from Osmania University College of Engineering campus which is accredited in NBA list of KSE. I entered Kuwait on mechanical engineer visa in 2006 and changed job 3 times and since February 2013 my position has been changed to commercial manager.

Kindly not that I recently renewed my driving license on March 28 whereby position is also commercial manager mentioned in license.

Kindly please advise if in case of visa transfer locally or renewal of my visa which is no more position of engineer, do I still have to be a member of Kuwait Society of Engineers.

Name withheld

Answer: The issue of membership of Kuwait Society of Engineers as a prelude of renewing or transferring of visa is a new requirement and hence, not much is known of other issues that may have a correlation with this requirement.

It will therefore be difficult to give precise answers to your questions. With our limited knowledge on the issue, all that we can say is if your current job description or any job you wish to apply for in future requires that you must be a graduate to occupy such a position, you may be required to get a no-objection certificate (NOC) from the Kuwait Society of Engineers and to get such an NOC will mean that you have to be a member of the society.

To be on the safer side of the equation, we advise that you renew your membership of KSE and when a time comes for you to apply for an NOC, you will not face any hurdles.

We give this advice based on the knowledge that there are occasions when two different officers give conflicting interpretations of the same law. In order, therefore, not to be caught unaware it is always better you arm yourself with the necessary documents because you don’t know the officer who will attend to you



23 Apr, 2018 8217
Posted Comments
@ All Rights Reserved
@ All Rights Reserved