The country's favorable Covid-19 pandemic indicators in recent days have allowed the 'Corona' committee to review a number of fresh open-minded proposals, which will be offered to the Council of Ministers for appropriate decisions.
According to a local Arabic daily, the Corona Committee will discuss a number of recommendations during its next meeting, which precedes the Cabinet meeting, that paves the way for the return of full life without any health restrictions, citing the high recovery rate of 98.5 percent and the decline in the number of cases of infection.
One of the most prominent recommendations, according to the sources, is to eliminate the PCR test for all students and teachers and to allow people to enter closed places such as theatres and cinemas without the need for a PCR test, with an emphasis on checking the temperature, disinfecting places, and taking precautionary measures, as well as to cancel the decision to give booster after the passage 9 months after receiving the second dose, which means making the tetanus vaccine mandatory.
After the adoption of the new treatment (Paxlovid) for Covid 19 infection and its expected arrival soon, and the return of Jaber Hospital to receive patients and conduct operations during the current month, the health authorities — including the Covid 19 team — will adopt a package of decisions to organize hospitals to return to the normal situation, and the return of therapeutic work protocols, according to the sources.
The following are the most essential recommendations that should be made:
- Making the use of a face mask optional while emphasizing its importance
- Return of the green color to individuals who have obtained both doses on their certificates
- At the airport, the restrictions on people who haven't been vaccinated are slowly being removed
- Jaber Hospital has reopened to receive patients and perform procedures.
- Early adoption of new medicine (Paxlovid) following its introduction