India Grants A Further Extension On The Renewal Of OCI Cards
The Government of India has decided to grant temporary relaxation till 30th June 2021 to get the Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) cards re-issued in the following cases:
1. In case an OCI cardholder below the age of 20 years has not got the OCI card re-issued on change of passport, he/she may travel on the strength of his/her existing OCI card bearing old passport number subject to the condition that OCI Cardholder carries the new passport, as well as old passport mentioned in the OCI card.
2. In case an OCI cardholder who has attained the age of 50 years and has got his/her passport renewed subsequently but has not got his/her OCI card re-issued on renewal of his/her passport, he/she may travel on the strength of the existing OCI card along with the old and new passports.
For the issuance of OCI cards, the following guidelines have been in force since 2005:
1. OCI card needs to be re-issued each time a new passport is acquired by the cardholder up to the age of 20 years.
2. OCI card is required to be re-issued once on acquiring a new passport after completing 50 years of age.
3. Re-issuance of OCI card is not required each time a passport is issued to a cardholder between 21 and 50 years of age.
It is, however, advised that OCI cardholders may take steps to comply with the existing OCI guidelines in force since 2005 and renew their OCI cards as required by the rules.
For OCI form as well as for OCI related information please visit the website- https://ociservices.gov.in