Company Is Refusing To Give Leave Nor Accepting Resignation And Holding My Original Degree
Category: Automotive
Immigrate to Canada or Australia
Study In Abroad

I am working as a planning engineer in Kuwait private sector company since last one year. My visa is 1-year visa but my contract is 2-year contract now.

I submitted my leave application for my marriage, but the company has not approved my leave and I haven’t another option.

So I submitted my resignation 90 days before. But the company has not accepted both leave and resignation. Also, the company is holding my original degree certificates.

The company says that the certificates will be returned after completion of 2-year contract. What are the legal formalities against this matter? Please advise me as soon as possible.

Name withheld

Answer: Under Kuwait’s Labour Law the company is obliged to give you 30 days paid leave annually. The company is, therefore, in breach of the law for their refusal to grant you the leave after working for them for one year and hence leading to your resignation which has also been rejected. Under this circumstance, you have no alternative than to file a case against the company with the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labour through the labour office in your area to seek redress.



17 Nov, 2018 492
Posted Comments
@ All Rights Reserved
@ All Rights Reserved