IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Manager- Business Systems
Monitor, analyzes and optimizes database performance. Installs, implements, tests, monitor, maintains and troubleshoot database hardware and software.
Review, analyze and modify systems including encoding, testing, debugging and installing to support application systems.
1. Designs, develops, installs, implements and integrates relational databases including user interfaces.
2. Monitors database system availability and overall functionality and optimizes database performance.
3. Installs, implements, tests and maintain relational databases software including patches, updates, and upgrades and related hardware.
4. Maintains database backup and disaster recovery procedures.
5. Consistently write, translate and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
6. Run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purpose of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement and general debugging.
7. Prioritizes and manages multiple projects simultaneously and follow-up on issues in a timely manner.
8. Undertakes special projects to meet the objectives of the department.
9. Follow the college rules and regulations.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY: To ensure that duties are carried out to a satisfactory standard.
DIRECTION/SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Direction is received from Manager- Business Systems.