1) Search standard reference materials, including on-line sources and the Internet, in order to answer patrons' reference questions.
2) Analyze patrons' requests to determine needed information, and assist in furnishing or locating that information.
3) Teach library patrons to search for information using databases.
4) Keep records of circulation and materials.
5) Supervise budgeting, planning, and personnel activities.
6) Check books in and out of the library
- Administer libraries and perform related library services. Work in a variety of settings, including public libraries, schools, colleges and universities, museums, corporations, government agencies, law firms, non-profit organizations, and healthcare providers.
- Tasks may include selecting, acquiring, cataloguing, classifying, circulating, and maintaining library materials; and furnishing reference, bibliographical, and readers' advisory services. May perform in-depth, strategic research, and synthesize, analyze, edit, and filter information.
- Set up or work with databases and information systems to catalogue and access information.
An accredited library and information qualification /Bachelor+ IT might be beneficial.
This job is posted in the following Specialties:
Job Location: Al Kuwait, Kuwait
Company Industry: Education, Training, and Library
Company Type: Recruitment Agency
Job Role: Education/Training
Employment Status: Full time
Employment Type: Employee
Monthly Salary Range: Unspecified
Number of Vacancies: 1
Career Level: Mid Career
Years of Experience: Min: 7 Max: 10
Residence Location: Kuwait
About This Company
SOS HR Solutions is the premier provider of executive human capital solutions in the Middle East. One of our core business services is the executive search and placement, which is across all domains & disciplines, successfully serving the MENA region since 1975.
SOURCE : BAYT